It is weird that the words ‘delicious’ and ‘healthy’ would be in the same sentence, but interestingly, that is possible.
As it turns out, you can make desserts that are every inch as sweet as desserts are meant to be without having to bake them or worry that you are piling up junk food in your system.
If you are wondering how to make such, don’t worry because we have got you covered!
Let us start with all the ingredients you would need.
1. Butter- 1 stick
2. Granulated sugar- 2 cup
3. Milk- ½ cup (you may use whichever type you prefer)
4. Unsweetened cocoa powder- 3 tablespoons
5. Vanilla – 2 teaspoons
6. Peanut butter- ½ cup (creamy or crunchy)
7. Peanuts- 1/3 cup (add only if you didn’t get crunchy peanut butter)
8. Cooking oats- 3 cups
How do we get it to come out perfectly?
1. First of all, melt the butter and add the sugar while it is still on heat.
2. Next, in go the cocoa powder and milk then you stir correctly. Make sure you are thorough and note that it will begin bubbling as it boils.
3. Scoop the peanut butter in. If you are using peanuts, then add at this point but note, as stated earlier, that you only need this if you did not get hold of crunchy peanut butter.
4. The vanilla and oats go in next. Stir properly once more then turn off the heat.
5. Place either parchment paper or waxing paper on a tray then scoop the mixture unto the paper in different places. Take note that an ice cream scooper is much tidier than using a spoon.
6. Place the tray in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and voila! Your dessert is ready.
It is effortless to prepare, the taste grips your tongue, and the texture is pure bliss.
The oats in the cookies provide substantial fiber so even though you are eating something so sweet and chocolatey, you don’t have to feel guilty. It is a fantastic dessert for any time of the day, and you don’t have to bake it. How cool is that?