Time flies and it is not just us who changes with time, but fashion too! Sometimes we forget to update our wardrobe , but when we hit forty-something, the time is right.
Certainly, we have to be comfortable with the way we dress. But some beauty trends we used eagerly in our 20s and 30s would look ridiculous and comic on a mature woman, and even make her look older.
We gathered together the 10 main fashion rules you should know about if you are over 40.
1. Sunglasses. It is time to avoid edgy and sharp shapes or too big sunglasses which cover half of your face. Pointed frames can make you look angrier and less friendly.
2. It is best to avoid over-sized shapeless pieces of clothes. Baggy pants or huge sweaters will underline untidiness and sloppiness.
3. The all-in-black look is to be avoided as well, especially if you pick a plain and matte black. It drains the skin, making it look older and dryer. One piece of clothing in this color is okay if it’s a textured fabric.
4. Get rid of girly and cute outfits with massive prints or bows - they look ridiculous on a mature lady.
5. Knees give away your age more than anything! Go for knee-covering skirts and dresses.
6. Say no to denim shorts. They look cute on a young woman, if you are over 40, its best to find an alternative.
7. Victim jeans. If your jeans look like they have been attacked by a dozen of hounds, leave them in your wardrobe, not on your legs.
8. Say no to animal prints, especially on your bottom.
9. Say yes to scarves and pashminas! They work perfectly on any piece of clothing and make you look fresh and stylish.
10. Avoid flounced maxi dresses and skirts. They add roughly a decade.
Fashion is always individual! It is impossible to escape aging, but we can make it work for us! You can definitely find a new style to complement your age and boost your self-confidence and that makes you look beautiful anytime.