Hillary Clinton turned 71 on October 26! It’s hard to believe that, despite her age, this woman is energetic, life-loving, and enthusiastic about her plans for the future!
Clinton was the first woman to be nominated by a major US party as a presidential candidate. She was on the list of 100 most influential lawyers in the USA twice.
Do you want to know more about this prominent politician?
Here are 10 facts about Hillary Clinton that you probably didn’t know:
1. She was in Vogue in 1998. However, she refused an offer from the fashion magazine to appear in a 2007 issue, claiming she didn’t want to look too feminine.
2. Clinton dreamed of becoming an astronaut as a child. She even wrote to NASA, but receive a firm "no" with an explanation that girls couldn't be astronauts.
Scripture tells us: Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season, we shall reap, if we do not lose heart. pic.twitter.com/snXfdLgZq8— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) November 9, 2016
3. As a teenager, she helped Mexican migrants by organizing a group of babysitters who would look after their children.
4. She was accepted to Yale and Harward and hesitated which to choose. In the end, she picked Yale, because a professor from Harvard told her they did not need any more women.
5. Hillary met Bill Clinton, her future husband, in Yale, where they both studied law. She approached his desk saying: “If you keep looking at me, and I’m going to keep looking back, we might as well be introduced. I’m Hillary Rodham.”
6. Hillary is a Methodist, that is why her wedding ceremony was held at Methodist church in 1975.
7. Many of biographers assumed that Hillary and Bill Clinton's marriage was based on the same political ambitions rather than love.
8. Hillary Clinton worked in a fish processing plant in Alaska after college. After being fired, Clinton made a complaint about unhealthy conditions at the workplace, and the plant was shut down.
9. She does not drive a car since 1996.
10. Clinton wanted to join Marines before she got married, but she was rejected for a few reasons: She was too old, had bad eyesight, and she was a woman.
“The choice in this election could not be clearer...this election is basically between division and unity in our country.” —Hillary pic.twitter.com/njcPDs7gQU— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) November 7, 2016
Besides being a successful politician, she lives her life with a positive attitude and good humor! In 2016, she posted a sweet birthday greeting to herself with the caption:” Happy birthday to this future president.”
Happy birthday to this future president. pic.twitter.com/JT3HiBjYdj— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) October 26, 2016
Hillary Clinton is definitely a kind of woman who does not limit herself. Whatever she has in mind, she put every effort for reaching her goal! Happy Birthday, Ms. Clinton.