'She Was Screaming But I Couldn't Hear Her!' Mom Shares Important Warning After Her 3-Year-Old Daughter Got Stuck In A Water-Filled Washing Machine

Family & Kids

July 20, 2018 11:16 By Mambee

Children will always find inventive ways to get themselves in dangerous situations and as a parent, this can be very scary. This mom's experience certainly has a lesson we can all learn from.

Lindsey McIver recently shared a story on her Facebook page of how her three-year-old daughter managed to lock herself up in a tumbling washing machine. 

The mom said they had just installed the machine and had given explicit instruction to the kids not to go near it. The next morning, their four-year-old rushed into the parents' bedroom crying uncontrollably.

Lindsey and her husband struggled for a few seconds to understand why the boy was so distraught. Then they heard him say, "Kloe. Inside. Washer.'

READ ALSO: Parents Are Being Warned About Kids' Slime: Some Brands Contain Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals That Can Be Very Harmful

They immediately rushed to the basement to see that Kloe was locked inside the airtight washing machine. It was on and tumbling as it filled with water. "She was screaming but you couldn’t hear her," the mom narrated.

Fortunately, they were able to unlock the door on time and get the little girl out. She suffered a few small bumps but otherwise, she was fine. 

Lindsey said that even though she may receive some judgment for sharing her story, she wanted parents to know the danger of front-load washing machines. 

READ ALSO: A Month Before A Heart Attack, Your Body May Show These 6 Warning Signs

She also explained that upon further inspection, they discovered a child lock feature in the machine that, once engaged, will keep it from starting.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has said there has been an increasing number of accidents and deaths involving children who find their way into latch type freezers, dryers, and washing machines. 

They stressed the importance of childproofing these appliances as children between the ages of four and seven are usually the likely victims.

They also advise parents to ensure the door to the utility room is locked and kids should be warned not to play in or around this appliances.

Having children is the biggest gift of life. It is essential to give them the happiest childhood. Here is one more powerful story to prove that.


READ ALSO: Mom Shares Important Warning After Caterpillar Tentacles Got Stuck In Her Daughter's Cheek