Putting your infant to sleep may be a military mission. Do not worry, you are not alone. Almost every single parent suffers from sleeplessness because of their babies, but it’s always a different scenario.
Whether your baby is a quick-napper, anywhere-but-home sleeper or a rocking fan, do not give up trying new strategies and tricks. One of them is introduced by a Vietnamese mom, who seems to be the baby’s sleep sensei. She came up with a technique that requires only a towel.
margaret tong / Shutterstock.com
- Take a bath towel and roll it. It should feel soft to the baby’s skin. The best option is to wash it with hypoallergenic detergent beforehand;
- Check if your precious one has comfortable clothes on and no seam is irritating the skin. If something is bothering them, their naptime can be quite short;
- Position your baby comfortably on the right side;
Alessandro Colle / Shutterstock.com
- Wrap the towel roll around the baby’s body. One part of it has to go under the neck in order to support the head position. Place a piece of the towel under the left hand as if the infant is hugging the roll;
- You can place the towel under the left leg as well. Make sure, the towel is tucked and snuggled around the newborn.
Now your baby is in a towel nest, and it feels safe and comfortable. Tap him on the back or lay down beside him to create an additional feeling of peace and protection.
Now, enjoy your free time, but remember: It's never recommended to leave a baby unsupervised.
The mom on the video handles this tip like a pro! Give it a try, this may be just the very solution you need!
Note that, before using this method, you should talk to your doctor and make sure it is safe for your own baby.
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.