Mother Issues Warning After Her 10-Year-Old Son Contracts Dangerous Infection From Playing In Bouncy Castle

Little kids love to have fun with friends and as parents, we do our best to ensure they are safe. However, no matter how hard we try, it seems like bad things somehow happen. 

Mother-of-two Brenda Sanderson took her sons to play on kids' bouncing castle at a celebration. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time. According to Brenda, the boys were "wrestling in there and jumping up and down."

READ ALSO: Women Should Never Ignore These 7 Early Warning Signs Of Heart Attacks

The mom had no reason to worry. However, a couple of days later, she noticed some marks on her son's arms.

 

She asked the 10-year-old where he got it from but the boy said he thought he might have gotten in while sliding and bouncing. He said he suspected that he got burnt from the hot plastic.

Brenda told FOX 25 that she simply applied some cream on her son's skin and thought nothing of it. But as time went on, she began to notice that the sores were oozing and began spreading across his arms and chest. The mom was very worried at this point. She decided it was time to take him to see a doctor. 

Brian A Jackson / Shutterstock.com

 

It was soon discovered that Brenda's son had contracted a staph infection caused by bacteria on the bouncy castle.

Andrei_R / Shutterstock.com

 

The doctor explained that the material used to make the equipment is the same that's used for a wrestling mat and if it's not properly washed or clean, it will start to harbor bacteria. 

READ ALSO: 5 Signs Your Kidneys Are Not Working Properly And Red Flags You Must Know About

Brian A Jackson / Shutterstock.com

 

Staph infections are caused by a bacteria known as Staphylococcus. They are quite common but become dangerous when they enter the body through a break or injury in the skin. 

kdshutterman / Shutterstock.com

 

Usually, they clear on their own but sometimes, doctors can prescribe some antibiotics to help move things along. It is possible for you or your child to contract a staph infection anywhere but to prevent a more dangerous form, it's crucial that you clean all wounds properly. 

Brendan Delany / Shutterstock.com

 

Since the experience, Brenda has been warning other mothers about the dangers of using unclean bouncy castle for kids. She advises them to 'clean it really well' before inviting children over to play.

If you're renting a bouncy castle, it's important to check and make sure it is very clean. It's the responsibility of the rental company to maintain the cleanliness of this equipment so speak up if you notice any worrying sign.

READ ALSO: Cancer Symptoms Women Over 40 Should Not Ignore: 18 Signals The Body Is Giving You

Source: Fox25