Grandma Shares Important Warning After Her Grandson Got Seriously Injured From Eating Popular Candy

A grandmother has shared an important warning after her grandson suffered a serious reaction to some lollipops. 

READ ALSO: Mom Posts Important Warning After She Found A Needle In Her Son's Diapers

In a Facebook post, which has now been taken down, Marie Thuloweit revealed that her grandson, Chase, suffered major damage to his tongue after having an extreme sour candy.

The photo shared by the grandma showed that an entire layer of skin had peeled off the center of Chase's tongue

As more people started becoming concerned about Marie's warning, the spokesperson from the company wanted to set the matter straight. 

The representative told Yahoo 7 that it was possible that Chase had increased sensitivity to the ingredients in the lollies. The company insisted that they only produce "high-quality products" and normally, consumers have no issues when eating them.

READ ALSO: Mom Shares Important Warning After Caterpillar Tentacles Got Stuck In Her Daughter's Cheek

They also mentioned that the acids found in the lollipops were no different from that which is found in citrus fruits and other sour candies.

Remedies for tongue burns

From the explanation provided by the Warheads spokesperson, it's possible that children may experience these tongue burns when enjoying certain sweets. So, what can you do to fix the situation as quickly as possible?

Grandma Shares Important Warning After Her Grandson Got Seriously Injured From Eating Popular Candysruilk / Shutterstock.com

There are some remedies that can help if you have mild tongue-burns. 

1. Cool it down

Grandma Shares Important Warning After Her Grandson Got Seriously Injured From Eating Popular Candyfizkes / Shutterstock.com

Cold water can help with the irritation on the tongue. Encourage the child to drink some so that it can bring down the temperature of the tongue and keep the mouth hydrated. In addition, consuming something cold and soft can help. Some yogurt or applesauce can sooth the area. Also, make sure the child drinks some water after eating any of these to wash away the food debris left behind

2. Saltwater

Grandma Shares Important Warning After Her Grandson Got Seriously Injured From Eating Popular CandysaltMiro Novak / Shutterstock.com

You can also try offering a warm salt water mix after the mouth has cooled off. Simply add 1/8 teaspoon of salt to an 8-ounce glass of warm water. The child should take a mouthful, swish it around gently and then spit it out. The salt can help reduce swelling and pain.

3. Sugar

Grandma Shares Important Warning After Her Grandson Got Seriously Injured From Eating Popular CandyWallenrock / Shutterstock.com

According to Healthline, you can drizzle some sugar over the child's tongue to dull the pain of the burn. Honey can be used as well.

Keep in mind that these remedies are only effective for mild first-degree burns where there are no blisters. In cases of second or third-degree burns, you should see a doctor immediately.

Tongue burn can be painful and very uncomfortable, but they can effectively be treated. 

READ ALSO: "I Watched Him Turn Blue To Gray": Woman Shares Serious Warning About Energy Drinks After Her Husband Passed Away


This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not treat yourself, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article. The material in this article is for informational purposes only and does not replace the advice of a certified specialist.