Homeless Man Gets Shelter In Spare Room, Then Repays By Saving Kind Family From A Fire
November 8, 2018 14:54
The famous saying ‘one good turn deserves another’ hopes to make it known that when a good deed is done to you, it is only proper for that gesture to be repaid with good as well, if at all.
READ ALSO: Man From Florida Gives Homeless Woman Free Lessons After Finding Out She Can Not Read
Oleg Troino / Shutterstock.com
A homeless man recently went along with the rules of this statement when he rescued a family from a house fire.
Thomas Smith did not have a place to stay, but he was soon given a place to stay at a friend’s home. The gesture touched Thomas, and he wondered if he would ever be able to repay her.
Luckily, he got his chance to pay her good deed for equal.
One day, while everyone else at home was asleep, he heard a loud boom in the house.
According to Thomas, at first, he thought that perhaps, the house was getting robbed, but as soon as he came out of his room, he realized that it was something else entirely.
Brian Eichhorn / Shutterstock.com
The house where his friend had granted him shelter was on fire and was starting to fill up with smoke very quickly.
Reacting instinctively, he ran into his friend's room only to find the 66-year-old, trapped under some ceiling debris.
Quickly, he rescued her from beneath it and hurried to the other room where the woman's granddaughters - aged 8 and 10 - were asleep.
READ ALSO: A Homeless Woman's Life Was Changed On Undercover Boss. Her Reaction To The Surprise Is Heartwarming!
The fire was already in the attic above them, but Thomas roused the grandkids from their deep sleep and guided the woman and the two girls through the smoke until they were safely outside the house.
Thomas said that he was grateful to God that they were all safe and that he did not consider himself a hero.
While, fortunately, there was no injury sustained, there was damage done to the home which the woman had owned for over 40 years.
The belongings inside the house were also damaged as well including laptops and clothes.
New Punisher / Shutterstock.com
While it appears that the fire was an electrical one, a firefighter made it clear that they were still investigating the occurrence.
We never can tell, but being of help to others can sometimes be for our good. We should learn to help, whenever we can.
READ ALSO: Kids Come Together To Build Tiny Houses For Homeless Vets For An Inspiring School Project