LIFESTYLE & HEALTH
People Who Always Complain And Moan Slowly Drain Your Vital Life Energy
June 11, 2019 17:15
Spending time with people who always complain and moan can be terribly destructive.
While some individuals simply need our support and a piece of advice, others just want us to experience the same range of negative or destructive feelings.
Koldunova Anna / Shutterstock.com
In fact, even minimal interaction with people who are negative can have a huge impact on your personal happiness and performance at work.
Signs you are being attacked by an "energy vampire":
- Feeling sudden stomach ache after or before the interaction;
- Feeling irritable, frustrated or angry for no real reason;
- Being on edge or feeling like there is a heavy cloud over you after the conversation;
- Feeling intuitively uncomfortable around this person.
Kite_rin / Shutterstock.com
To avoid havoc and destruction, it's important to identify toxic people in your life who make you feel miserable because of their constant complainings.
Who are the "energy vampires" in your life?
- It can be your best friend, who most of the time talks about their difficult life and problems. They often don't care about you;
- It’s a drama queen who always needs attention. In fact, it can be a drama king as well;
- Self-destructive people, who have no interest in growing or changing;
- People who are always jealous and egoistic.
fizkes / Shutterstock.com
No matter what you call them, they can leave you drained and exhausted.
How to protect yourself:
- Learn to say no;
- Distance yourself from the person;
- Keep your thoughts positive and loving;
- Stay emotionally strong and connected to your truth;
There is no reason to allow their problems to become yours. Stay strong and positive: it will help you do smarter and healthier choices in life.
READ ALSO: 3 Reasons Why Saying 'No' More Often May Help People Live A Better, Happier Life
The material in this article is for informational purposes only and does not replace the advice of a certified specialist.