LIFESTYLE & HEALTH
8 Natural Remedies For Reducing The Possibility Of Having Colon Cancer
June 5, 2019 15:44
Cancer is an extremely critical disease that has several variations, and one of them is colon cancer.
Lightspring / Shutterstock.com
What is colon cancer?
According to Mayo Clinic, it is a kind of cancer that starts in the large intestine. The colon is the final part of the large intestine.
It initially comes off as tiny, noncancerous clumps of cells known as polyps, which later become colon cancer. Although colon cancer affects anyone regardless of age, it is generally prevalent in older adults.
Emily frost / Shutterstock.com
We must understand that no matter how deadly a disease is, there are always preventive measures and, as the saying goes, 'prevention is better than cure.' Here are some organic home remedies that can help minimize the risk of colon cancer.
According to Organic Facts, the following edibles can help reduce the possibility of colon cancer:
1. Flaxseed Oil: it contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce pro-inflammatory molecules in different parts of the body, like the colon. It ultimately helps to prevent cancer.
bitt24 / Shutterstock.com
2. Garlic: it comprises allicin, which is a strong element to prevent cancerous cells from spreading. Even better, garlic is one of the rare ingredients that can eliminate cancerous cells while causing no harm to the surrounding healthy cells in the body.
Marian Weyo / Shutterstock.com
3. Ginseng: it has extremely active antioxidants that inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells. Also, they can cause apoptosis in cancerous cells. This tea is generally used for various illnesses, including special cases, like cancer.
tarapong srichaiyos / Shutterstock.com
4. Blueberries: they are extremely rich in antioxidants, which strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of cancer. They eradicate free radicals and also limit cellular mutation, thereby reducing the risk of cancer to the lowest rate.
Subbotina Anna / Shutterstock.com
5. Spinach: constipation and hemorrhoids are known ailments that can aggravate the appearance of colon cancer. By increasing your intake of spinach, you can improve bowel movement and treat illnesses naturally, which ultimately prevents colon cancer.
nesavinov / Shutterstock.com
6. Olive oil: this vegetable oil is rich in phenolic, which acts as an agent against cancer. Olive oil improves the production of enzymes in the gut and intestines, which is useful for the prevention of colon cancer.
DUSAN ZIDAR / Shutterstock.com
7. Turmeric: this product has curcumin, which has been proven to serve the same function as apoptosis. With turmeric in your diet, you will have antioxidant agents in your system, which will eliminate the risk of possible cancer.
tarapong srichaiyos / Shutterstock.com
8. Green Tea: it serves as an anti-cancer solution because it prevents the spread of cancer and comprises an anti-tumor treatment. It has organic constituents such as epicatechins and catechins, which reduce the potentiality of cancer.
taa22 / Shutterstock.com
Also, even if you practice a healthy diet but you don't quit some habits, such as smoking, you can still be prone to colon cancer.
The American Cancer Society recommends quitting some unhealthy habits and picking up new ones in order to prevent colon cancer:
1. Less alcohol intake;
2. Stop smoking;
3. Screening: You can start screening for colon cancer at the age of 50. Nevertheless, a family with a known history of colon cancer should begin testing before clocking 50;
VolianskyiPhoto / Shutterstock.com
4. Work out: It is essential to exercise at least five times every week.
All the remedies listed above can help prevent colon cancer, and adding them to your diet can go a long way. A healthy diet consists of natural foods or additives that have no side effects.
Your well-being is a priority for us, which is why we have brought this information to your attention. You can also share it with your family and friends to educate them.
READ ALSO: What Poop Color Can Reveal About Your Health: 4 Warning Signs Everyone Should Know
This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not treat yourself, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm that may result from using the information provided in the article. The material in this article is for informational purposes only and does not replace the advice of a certified specialist.