The importance of hair
With regards to appearance, the hair is crucial. It reveals age, accentuates features and even affects your identity.
YAKOBCHUK VIACHESLAV / Shutterstock.com
As one starts to age, the hair begins to turn grey, thin out and even fall out. According to a survey, 63% of people have some grey hair when they between the ages of 45 and 50 years old.
The good part is that it's all manageable. One could always use a good dye to hide the greying locks, and take vitamin supplements to prevent thinning and maintain that youthful look.
Tony Bowler / Shutterstock.com
Your hair also says a lot about your hygiene. If your hair is messy and needlessly oily, it could mean that your hygiene is lacking in some way.
When grooming your hair, always take note of the shape of your face, as different hairstyles fit different faces.
Denise's amazing transformation
60-year-old Denise was the ‘victim’ of an ambush makeover, and the results had everyone in shock.
Denise is a registered nurse who only gets a day off per week, and she has been working for 40 years.
Her friends, who call themselves ‘The original dance moms’, decided to celebrate her 60th, which had taken place the week before, by giving her an ambush makeover.
Making sure her day off fell on ambush Thursday, they were in New York for the show. They got their wish for their friend as she was selected from the crowd.
The three women were blindfolded as the new Denise was led on stage. The surprise and pleasure on their faces reflected the feelings of viewers worldwide.
Their friend looked amazing. Without a doubt, it was the perfect way to celebrate turning 60.
Her hair color wasn't changed; instead, it was spruced up with some highlights, and she was given a fantastic layered haircut. The friends got what they had come for and they couldn't be happier!
Hairstyles that make older women look amazing
As one gets older, their hairstyle becomes even more critical because it can either make a person look older or younger.
Here are a few hairstyles experts would recommend:
- The long bob: This hairstyle is always in style. It's simple and low maintenance. For older women, the long, layered bob is always recommended.
- Bangs: This hairstyle is perfect for older women and can complement any face shape.
- Long hair: You don't need to wear short hair just because you are growing older. As long as your hair texture allows it, go long.
- Short and sweet hair: You can pull off a Halle Berry and look as amazing as she does.
- Voluminous: Hair tends to thin as we grow older, and it's not a bad idea to layer up and give it volume. It's all about confidence.
As we grow older, we tend to care less about how we look, but that shouldn’t be the case. In the spirit of living life to the fullest, take care of your hair irrespective of your age.