Distasteful request: American Airline Asks Family With Child To Leave Because Of Passengers’ Complaints About Their Body Odor
January 29, 2019 16:30 By Mambee
Popular opinion is that body odor is caused by bad hygiene, or bacteria growing on the body. To counter this, according to Medical News Today, it is the smell our bodies give out when bacteria are breaking down protein into particular acids.
aijiro / Shutterstock.com
There are also diseases that incur body odor in its victim.
For example, a fruity smell is a diabetes symptom caused by high levels of ketones in the bloodstream.
A bleach-like smell could be a manifestation of kidney or liver disease as a result of the accumulation of toxins in the body.
pathdoc / Shutterstock.com
People with body odor are sometimes treated with disdain. Maybe we forget that they are humans.
The Adler family recently became victims of such distasteful behavior. Their experience with the American Airline was awful.
The Adler Family
The family had just concluded their vacation in Miami and were nostalgic to be back home in Detroit.
However, Adler, his wife, and their 19-month-old daughter were walked out of an American Airline plane on Wednesday night because other passengers allegedly accused them of smelling bad, as reported by WPLG.
Not only were they troubled by the embarrassing request, but their luggage wasn't returned to them that night.
The Adler family were crushed by the allegations, and they even went around the airport asking several people if they smelled.
Yossi Adler believes that American Airlines has hidden motives for escorting them off the airplane.
However, the airline made arrangements for shelter and food for the family that night. They finally made it to Detroit on Thursday and reconvened with their luggage.
How to naturally get rid of body odor
Body odor causes different parts of the body to reek. Although prevention is better than cure, if you have become a victim of body odor, it's not too late.
We share with you some home remedies that can help you deal with it:
1. In the case of odor coming from the armpit or pubic hair, we advise you to shave frequently. Removal of hair reduces the bacteria living in that area of the body;
2. Use medicinal plants, such as witch hazel and tea tree oil, on your armpits. They are natural antiseptics that make it impossible for bacteria to exist;
UV70 / Shutterstock.com
3. Application of vinegar is also effective. In case of allergies, it's best to test the vinegar one a small part of the skin before using it. You make use of the vinegar by splashing it under your armpits after taking a shower. Bacteria can't survive the vinegar acidity.
4. In case of feet odor, one should shuffle between shoes. Also, do not repeatedly wear socks without washing them, and when you wash your shoe let it dry completely before wearing it.
5. The mother of all these remedies is to bathe regularly. Bathe at least once a day. Ensure to change your clothes and have a shower after getting home at the end of a long day.
Please, note that if the body odor is as a result of a medical condition, it is advisable to see your doctor. We sympathize with the Adler family and hope that no one is subjected to such treatment ever again.
We advise everyone to take care of their bodies and stay healthy.
Such experience may affect kids, and that’s the saddest thing of all. Thus, you may have a simple and cute toy for your little one, and even make it on your own using the old socks.
This material is provided for informational purposes only. Some of the products and items discussed in this article may cause an allergic reaction and damage your health. Before use, consult a certified technician/specialist. The editorial board is not responsible for any harm or other consequences that may be caused by the use of the methods, products or items described in this article.