Quick And Easy Potato-Peeling Hacks That Make Cooking Fun
November 28, 2017 19:01 By Mambee
Preparing a meal does not have to be a hassle. In fact, the process is supposed to be enjoyable but there are a few kitchen chores that have proven to be a little challenging. The process of peeling potatoes, for instance, can get pretty stressful and time-consuming. Luckily, thanks to awesome lifehacks, you can be done with this task in half the time it normally takes you.
With this simple 3-step tip, you'll enjoy a smooth potato-peeling process.
- Take your potato. With a knife, scour it all the way around in the middle.
- Boil the potatoes like you normally would.
- Peel the skin off using your hand.
For a more visual description, check out the video below.
This alternative potato hack promises to leave users with fresh and cleanly peeled potatoes in no time.
- Boil your potatoes
- Get a bowl of cool water. You can also add some ice cubes to the water.
- When your potatoes are ready, take one of them and place it in the bowl of water.
- After a few seconds, take it out and use a knife and make a line around the middle,
- Grab each side with both hands and pull apart. The skin should come off easily,
This method also works for removing eggshell after boiling. The cool water makes it easier for the peel to come off.
A YouTube user with the username CrazyRussianHacker shared a pretty interesting hack for peeling potatoes. Frankly, this looks way more complicated than what one may expect from a hack but the video itself has garnered over 13 million views so it's probably worth a try.
Before you get started, you'll need:
- powerful drill;
- toilet brush;
- The first thing you need to do is grab the toilet brush and cut the handle off.
- Then insert that area into your drill.
- Put your potatoes in a bucket and add some water.
- Turn on the drill and aim the toilet brush at your potatoes
- Keep going until you have peeled potatoes.
Now you have three simple methods to peel your potatoes in record time. You can choose whichever one works for you.