How To Clean Microwave Naturally Using Just A Lemon
Harsh chemicals are not your only option when it comes to cleaning, especially for a delicate equipment like a microwave. If you can find a more inexpensive and natural way to clean the place where you heat up your meals, wouldn't you?
Ahanov Michael / Shutterstock.com
It turns out that, to achieve this, all you need is a lemon. That's right You don't need to gather a bunch of stuff to make this microwave cleaning solution. Simply follow this guide.
READ ALSO: 5 Tips For Cleaning A Freezer: Fast And Easy
Before you get started, have these things ready:
- a small microwave-safe bowl;
- one lemon;
- one cleaning rag.
Now, follow the steps below to create the cleaning mixture that will leave your microwave looking sparkly and smelling fresh.
- Pour half a cup of water in a measuring cup.
- Slice your lemon into two and squeeze the juice from the lemon into the water. Drop the lemon into the bowl too.
- Put the microwave-safe bowl with the lemon/water mixture into the appliance. Place in the microwave. Switch it to high power and allow the liquid to heat up (to boiling point) for three minutes.
- After the liquid boils, do NOT open the microwave door. You need the steam to float around for another five minutes as this will loosen the food gunk on the sides and corners.
- Open the microwave and take out your bowl. Use your clean cloth to begin wiping the appliance clean. Start with the ceiling and move to the sides.
- If you encounter stubborn spots, put your cleaning cloth in the lemon water and scrub vigorously until you get out all the stains.
- Remember to clean the doors and every nook and cranny of the microwave.
- By now, you should be enjoying your clean and lemony fresh appliance. You're welcome.
Seksun Guntanid / Shutterstock.com
If you need a more visual description, watch the video below.
This is a great hack for getting read of gunk and stains in your microwave. The steam helps to loosen them while the lemon gives it a sweet, citrus smell while getting rid of the bad odour that comes from stale foods.