After The Tragic Demise Of Their Beloved Dog, A Couple Gives Important Warning To All Pet Owners

Animals

March 1, 2018 13:04 By Mambee

A couple has shown true courage by finding some way to help others even while dealing with their own pain.

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

28-year-old Christina Young recently shared the heartbreaking loss of her beloved dog with LoveWhatMatters and also pointed out the grave mistake that led to the passing of the pet.

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

As she struggles through her grief and sadness, she and her partner, Christian, decided to share the important lesson the experience taught them.

 

READ ALSO: Mom Of 8 Wakes Up To See Her Husband Acting Strangely In Bed. She Has No Clue She’s About To Become A Single Mother

 

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

One day, Christina kissed her sweet doggie Petey goodbye before heading out to work. She had no idea that it would be for the last time.

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

Christian was the first to return home from work that day. The first thing he noticed was that Petey did not run out to greet him like he normally would. As he walked further into the home, what he saw next broke his heart. Christina said:

 

He saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter and we will forever blame ourselves for leaving it out.

 

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

It turned out that Petey had finished the bag of chips and was in the process of rummaging for crumbs when he suffocated.

 

READ ALSO: Grieving Widow Is Incredibly Grateful To New Boyfriend For Showing Her Daughters Unconditional Love

 

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

As he inhaled, he only made the bag tighter around his head until he could no longer breathe.

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

Christina said that soon after the incident, she looked into the chances of a dog passing away due to such a random occurrence and discovered that 42% of pet suffocation happen so quickly, even with the owner in the next room.

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

Christina was surprised by the lack of awareness on the issue. A deeper investigation showed that in most incidents of pet suffocation, the owners had no idea of the possibility of such thing happening beforehand.

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

The couple chose to tell their story to keep people informed and remind them to keep an extra watchful eye on their pets.

She also opened up about how Petey's death left her heartbroken.

 

There is no way to describe the sadness, guilt, and emptiness we feel in our hearts and our home. Petey taught us how to love in an entirely different way than we had known before.

 

 

Christina Young / Facebook

 

Christina went on to say she chose to be thankful for the one and a half years she had with the dog, who was so much more than a pet. He was a wonderful dog and will certainly be missed.

 

READ ALSO: Act of Kindness: Woman Turns Old Police Uniforms Into Adorable Teddy Bears To Help Victimized Kids

 

 

Source: LoveWhatMatters