Bananas Can Be Really Beneficial For Kids And It's All About Getting Creative
You probably already know that fruits are great for your children's overall health. they are a much healthier alternative to junk foods and sweets. To create a well-balanced diet for your child, it is important for each meal to be accompanied by some form of fruits.
Today, not only will we be talking about the nutritional value and benefits of bananas for your children, we will be sharing three awesome banana recipes which are almost guaranteed to sway any picky eater.
Now, let us get the science-y stuff out of the way. Bananas are filled with vitamins and minerals but in what forms do they come? Here are the main nutritional elements found in bananas.
2) Vitamin C
3) Vitamin B6
Smolina Marianna / Shutterstock
So, what do all these mean and how do they help your child grow and develop?
Health benefits of bananas
1. Healthy Heart: The potassium present in bananas are useful for maintaining the health of your child's heart, muscle, kidney and digestive system.
2. An Antioxidant: Vitamin C's antioxidant property is necessary for the formation of collagen, absorption of iron and formation of haemoglobin.
3. Levels Blood Sugar: Vitamin B6 helps to convert carbohydrates into glucose thus maintaining a healthy level of blood sugar in the body.
4. Maintaining Healthy Weight: Fiber is a known nutrient that lowers cholesterol, helps your kid stay full for longer which, in turn, keeps them from being overweight. Fiber also helps to regulate bowel movement. So if your child is suffering from constipation, this might be a more natural option than some over-the-counter medications.
5. Makes Them Smart: The potassium in bananas also helps to improve your child's brain power. In fact, nutritional experts advise children to eat bananas three times a day to enjoy this great benefit.
Baibaz / Shutterstock
6. Strong Bones: The high potassium content found in bananas helps to battle the effect sodium in your kids' diet. It prevents the bones from weakening.
7. Eyesight: Bananas helps to improve and maintain optimal eyesight in children. A child that eats bananas regularly has lesser chances of developing vision problems.
Now that you know how great bananas are for your kids, the next step is to figure out a way to incorporate them into their diet. You want them to enjoy all the perks but it has to be presented in creative ways from time to time so they would not get bored. Here are three of our best banana recipes.
This is a super nutritious drink for your child. It is not only great for his health, it's also quite delicious. All you need are some bananas, orange juice, yoghourt, honey and ice cubes. Watch the video below to see how to prepare this.
These are great for toddlers but kids of any age and even adults can actually enjoy this snack too. It is a way to make that Sunday morning pancake even healthier plus it's pretty delicious. For the banana bites, you'll need; bananas and your preferred pancake batter.
These are a nice option for younger kids who are just starting to eat solids. They are a better and healthier alternative to regular cereals plus, they are really delicious. To make the banana puree, all you need are some mashed bananas.
Clearly, making delicious meals and treats for kids of all ages using bananas is not an impossibility. You can build on these suggested recipes and even make a few changes according to your taste or what your kid prefers.
By serving your children bananas daily, you are confident in the fact that you are giving them the type of food that helps make them strong, smart and healthy.