They Were Ready To Say Goodbye To Their Toddler, But He Suddenly Came Back To Life After Being Baptized

LifeStyle & Health

March 25, 2019 12:37 By Mambee

No matter who we are and what we believe in, there's one thing we can all agree on: miracles do happen. There have been several stories that prove so throughout history and this is one of them.

Dylan Askin was only three years old but, unfortunately, he had already had to fight for his life. The little boy was diagnosed with a rare form of lung cancer. For a while, there was hope, as he got the treatment he needed, and the prognosis looked good.

READ ALSO: A Christmas Miracle: Abandoned Baby Found Freezing In Truck Is Adopted By The Family Of The Specialist Who Worked To Save Him

5News / YouTube

However, a month after his cancer treatment, Dylan collapsed at school. It turned out that he had what's known as pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis.

5News /YouTube

This type of cancer caused cysts to form on the boy's lungs. He was finding it hard to breathe.

READ ALSO: Teenage Boy With Cancer Decided To Marry His School Sweetheart, Who Was Supporting Him During His Battle

5News /YouTube

Things took a turn for the worse when Dylan's lungs collapsed. He was put on life support, but he later caught an infection while in the intensive care unit.

The boy's organs began to fail and it got so bad that his parents, Kerry and Mike, were faced with the difficult decision of letting him go. The devastated parents made the heartbreaking decision to take Dylan off life support. Before they did, however, they had him baptized and said their goodbyes.

5News /YouTube

Then, as doctors began to wean the child off the medicine, something extraordinary happened.

READ ALSO: Teenage Boy Was Diagnosed With The Flu, Only To Later Discover He Had Stage 4 Cancer

5News /YouTube

Dylan began to move his legs! This was not supposed to happen for someone who had been declared brain dead.

The doctors immediately began running tests and they discovered that there was hope for the little boy.

Dylan remained on life support for a few more weeks as he slowly recovered. Kerry and Mike are incredibly thankful for the miracle they received and continue to pray for their son's complete recovery.

READ ALSO: It Was An Answered Prayer!’ New Mum Who Was Battling Cancer Received 8 Gallons Of Breast Milk From A Kind Nurse