Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark Celebrates Her 46th Birthday - 10 Stunning Facts About The Royal
Danish Crown Princess Mary turned 46 on February the 5th! She is the favorite woman in Denmark, the icon of grace and style and an example of a perfect wife and a mother. Here what else you may want to know about her:
1. Her name is Mary Elizabeth Donaldson and she was born in Australia in a common Scottish family of maths professor John Donaldson and university secretary Henrietta Clark Donaldson.
2. Mary met her future husband, Frederick, the Crown Prince of Denmark, in a Sydney pub during summer Olympics in 2000.
3. When getting acquainted, she had no idea who that handsome man was.
4. They say she is similar to Kate Middleton in style and personality. Well, Danish royal couple is close friends to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate.
5. She is quite talented in music and plays piano, flute, and clarinet. However, this does not deprive her of sports talents – Mary is a skillful hockey and basketball player.
6. Among her interests are yachting, golf, and riding.
7. She loves traveling! She was working in Edinburg, Paris, Copenhagen; her last workplace was for Microsoft Business Solutions where she was in charge of for company development, communication and marketing.
8. She never expected to become a princess. All she ever wanted was to become a veterinarian.
9. There is a law named after her – "Mary’s law" that means obtaining citizenship after marrying Danish.
10. Before marriage, Mary held citizenships of Australia and the UK.
Even though Princess Mary was not raised like a royal from childhood, it seems like royalty is in her blood. She is a Princess who makes her people proud and admire. We wish her happy birthday and long years of prosperity and happiness!