Top 10 Best Books For Children You May Consider As A Christmas Present
In a race for a good present for our children, you may be confused by the abundance of goods. What to buy, so that it would be an enjoyable and useful present? There is always an answer to this question – a book! Books are considered to be the best presents not just by accident. Reading increases vocabulary, develops imagination, speaking and listening skills, in general it is a great workout for a kid’s brain.
Vasilyev Alexandr / Shutterstok.com
Forbes made a survey in order to understand what books are the best for children nowadays. They refer to U.S. Children’s Poet Laureate Kenn Nesbitt, children’s-book historian Leonard Marcus, the National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature, the Young Readers Center at the Library of Congress, the Every Child a Reader literacy foundation and 10 independent booksellers.
EpicStockMedia / Shutterstock.com
Here are top 10 books your children may love, and read those stories again and again, passing them to the next generations.
1. Where The Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak – an amazing story about the power of imagination and where it can bring you.
2. The Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats – an adventure of a boy traveling in snow, which has a happy ending.
3. Good Night Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown – fascinating reading before bed-time, and vivid illustrations.
4. Blueberries For Sal, by Robert McCloskey - a tale about an incredible fellowship of a girl and a little bear.
5. Little Bear (series), by Else Holmelund Minarek – amazing and touching stories about cub’s life.
6. Owl Moon, by Jane Yolen – a story of father and a daughter adventures.
7. The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein – beautiful and generous story with deep meaning.
8. The True Story Of The Three Little Pigs, by Jon Sciezka – a funny story from the wolf’s perspective.
9. Tuesday, by David Wiesner - surreal illustrations to blow your mind.
10. Where The Sidewalk Ends, by Shel Silverstein – a good set of poems.
Evgeny Atamanenko / Shutterstock.com
These books will take children away to the world of imagination, and fantasy. They teach good values, and become best friends and companions for kids. You may find getting fascinated by these stories by yourself, and what is more – reading together is a wonderful family time spending you and your children will never forget.